Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wedding Week

My dear sister (one of them) is getting married on Sat.  I am so excited for her.  She has been married before and it didn't turn out the way she had hoped or wanted, unfortunately.  She found her way back to herself and eventually found this incredible man.  We absolutely love him and we couldn't be happier for her.

Both of my children are in the wedding.  It's going to be quite a family affair.  As many of you know, we have a huge family.  I have 4 younger siblings (yes, I'm the eldest!!!) and 3 step-brothers.  My stepdad comes from a family of, I believe, 9 kids.  My mom is one of 7.  My paternal grandmother comes from a sibling group of 6 and on and on............  As you can see, we have a gazillion cousins and are related to about half of the county, I'm pretty sure.  Anyway, this wedding is going to be very large (over 300 invited and most are coming) and what's funny is that most of them are family.  My wedding was just as large.  We also had 300.  It was a ton of planning, but it was also very special to have our loved ones surround us on our big day.

Grace and Keegan are in the wedding as one of the flower girls and one of the ring bearers.  They are so excited.  I can't wait to see them all dressed up and celebrating the marriage of their aunt and soon-to-be uncle.  I am also one of the matrons of honor-my other sister is the other one.  I know it'll be an amazing day, but I also know it's going to be a hectic week.  My poor sister is also planning a bike-a-thon on Oct. 8 for the afterschool program she works for and the whole city is invited to it.  I know she is feeling the stress, but she is handling it well.

All I know is that I am so happy for Jolene to pledge her life to Jerod and get started on their lives together.  Weddings always make me remember the day I got married, which always reminds me of how awesome my husband is.  I'm thankful for Jo that she has found someone as great as my Tim.  I'm ready for some more babies in this family................... :-)  :-)  :-)  Not that we need anymore as you can see by the numbers listed above.................. LOL!

May the Lord bless Jerod and Jolene.  We will always be here for you. 

p.s.  I'll finally post some pictures on here.  My first ones will be from the wedding, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment