Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm Still Here!!!!

So, it's been 3 months since I've last posted and I wanted to let all of you know that I am still around!!  We are so busy this time of year.  We went to Sullivan's Island, SC for Spring Break in March and loved it!  It is gorgeous and Tim and I would seriously consider retiring there someday. 

Also, recently we have had sports 5 times a week for the kids.  Grace has t-ball practice on Mon., game on Tues. and Keegan has ragball practice Wed. and game on Thurs.  Oh, and let's not forget soccer practice for Grace on Wed. and games on Sat.  Whoo!  We are worn out, but it's so fun.  They both enjoy sports and have made big improvements from last year. 

Last weekend, Tim and I went to the Jason Aldean concert with my sisters, my mom, and my sister's fiance.  It was so great!  This weekend is Grace's last soccer game, a homeschool conference, and camping with friends.  Again-busy, but fun!

I would also like to share that Keegan is doing so great working with me in math.  He goes to school half a day and gets homeschooled by me half a day.  His NWEA scores went up in both reading and math, but the really cool thing is that his phonics portion of the NWEA scored him as "high."  I am so proud of him!  Additionally, since beginning to be homeschooled in math, he has almost mastered all of his addition facts.  We finally found a method that works for him.  Thanks for letting me brag about my little first grader!

Grace recently got a haircut, per her instructions.  She looks so much older and is just adorable.  She continues to be a star at school and is always being praised by her teacher for being so "kind."  What a great character trait!  I'm so proud of her as well and can't wait to see what a beautiful woman, both inside and outside, she will become.

Well, enough of an update for now.  I plan on doing this again soon!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I thought I posted a comment but realized I never did. I am so glad to see you came back and blogged!!! You know I love hearing you "brag" about your beautiful children!!! :)

    ReplyDelete